JOIN AN AMAZING TEAM. DO AMAZING WORK.
Reading Is Fundamental is committed to a literate America by inspiring a passion for reading among all children, providing quality content to make an impact and engaging communities in the solution to give every child the fundamentals for success. As the nation's largest children's literacy non-profit, Reading Is Fundamental maximizes every contribution to ensure all children have the ability to read and succeed.
The Senior Director of Development reports directly to the Senior Vice President of Development and is responsible for the stewardship and growth of RIF's restricted funding portfolio. This includes all business development activities in pursuit of grants for long-term growth through large foundations, state, local and federal government grants. The Senior Director will work collaboratively with the Vice President of Marketing & Partnerships on all government relations activities and directly oversee a talented team of two corporate development professionals. This role will compliment a counterpart overseeing all unrestricted giving.
Specific responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Secure multi-year six- and seven-figure grants to support RIF's mission in communities nationwide.
- Develop, steward and grow key relationships with foundation staff / grant program officers and manage grant application process from start to finish.
- Serve as lead external voice and advocate for RIF's organizational storytelling through all restricted funding priorities.
- Research and analyze both internal and external sources of data (on the education trends, achievement gap, employment and labor data, demographics, workforce development/training, etc.), effectively incorporating this information into written deliverables; researching, analyzing, and synthesizing diverse internal and external data sources to build a compelling case for support.
- Collaborate with RIF Program staff and Marketing & Partnerships team to develop and accurately portray program design, measurement, and outcomes.
- Build and maintain a robust tracking system of national and regional grant opportunities; keep up to date on industry trends that may be relevant to RIF's work and mission.
- Contribute to accurate and up-to-date development record keeping in Salesforce and other development systems, particularly tracking of funder deliverables.
- Provide oversight and management of existing robust funder partnership portfolio, leading team of highly-skilled account managers responsible for both small family foundation and traditional corporate grants, employee volunteer engagements, and cause marketing.
- At least 10 years of business development and grant writing experience, including some knowledge related to program design and outcomes
- Bachelor's degree
- Comfort with achieving/exceeding seven-figure annual new revenue goals
- Robust experience successfully securing funding from both Government and major Foundations
- A highly organized person with exceptional attention to detail
- Exceptional written and spoken communication skills
- Knowledge in or keen ability to learn project management with experience using Salesforce preferred
Please submit your cover letter including your salary requirement and resume for consideration at this link.
RIF offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and vision plans, generous annual leave, a 403(b) plan with company contribution and company paid life and disability. RIF supports our employee's work life balance and offers a hybrid work model along with flexible work schedules.
To protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate, we follow CDC, federal and local guidance to help minimize the spread of COVID-19. RIF requires all employees be vaccinated, and all newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated before their start date. Proof of vaccination is required and will be kept confidential.
RIF is an equal opportunity employer.