Join an amazing team. Do amazing work.
Reading Is Fundamental is seeking an Office Coordinator to join our mission-driven team. In this capacity, the Coordinator will join a group of passionate literacy professionals dedicated to reaching children nationwide with the life changing power of reading. The Coordinator will work to support a wide variety of programmatic and administrative activities.
This position is the perfect place to learn about the non-profit sector while working with a collaborative team, dedicated to impacting the lives of children with foundational literacy programs. The successful candidate will have outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills as they serve as the front line of communication for RIF literacy advocates. The Coordinator will work collaboratively with cross-departmental teams that support a culture of literacy and deliver collective impact.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcome guests by greeting them, in person, telephone or email and ensure they are connected with the right office personnel/solutions.
- Maintain customer confidence by responding professionally and keeping information organized and confidential.
- Manage schedules for office activities, CEO and community spaces
- Screens and responds to inquiries about organizations programs and directs inquiries to appropriate departments/team member.
- Work collaboratively with cross-departmental teams that support a culture of literacy and deliver collective impact.
- Provide support to programs team in the administration of the organizations program portfolio
- Provides general office support including processing incoming mail, correspondence, office supplies, resource inventory, staff reminders, etc.
- Monitor and order inventory for office and break room supplies
- Coordinate and schedule travel for CEO
- Takes on special projects to support the advancement of the organization's objectives.
Knowledge, Skill, and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and 1-2 years relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook and Excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong and proactive problem-solving ability demonstrating critical thinking.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, with ability to multitask, to adhere to deadlines, and to reprioritize as necessary.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail.
- Forward-looking thinker who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
- Self-starter who is highly collaborative, resourceful, and agile, and who follows through on projects to successful completion.
- Capacity to work in a collegial environment that depends heavily on teamwork.
- Adept at learning new computer applications
RIF is an equal opportunity employer and offers a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental & vision plans, generous annual leave, a 403(b) plan with company contribution, and company paid life and disability.
RIF supports its employees' work life balance and offers a hybrid work model. This position offers a 4-day in office with Fridays remote work schedule.
To protect the health and well-being of its colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate, the organization follows CDC, federal and local guidance to help minimize the spread of COVID-19. The organization requires all employees be vaccinated, and all newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated before their start date. Proof of vaccination is required and will be kept confidential.
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration at this link.