Growing Up Reading
Books and Activity Suggestions about Nutrition, Health, and Wellness for Children in Kindergarten-Grade 6
Reading Is Fundamental and Nestlé welcome you and your children to the engaging stories and literacy activities in this Nutrition, Health, and Wellness Resource Guide.
The guide presents a book-based approach to reading designed to involve children in the experience. This guide includes hands-on, cross-curricular activities for books centered on a health theme.
Each section of this guide is divided by a range of subjects and includes:
- Featured activities that relate to the nutrition, health, and wellness theme
- Thematic booklists
- Story boosters-reading motivational activities
Featured stories include:
- Wash Your Hands! by Tony Ross
- Food and Nutrition for Every Kid by Janice VanCleave
- Get Some Exercise! by Angela Royston
- You Can't Eat Your Chicken Pox, Amber Brown by Paula Danziger
Download this Story Sampler now!